Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Couple ground related questions.  (Read 192 times)

SeaOfSorrows

• Ensign
  • Star Trek is for nerds.
Couple ground related questions.
« on: August 02, 2017, 12:40:17 AM »
So.. thanks to all you crazy O.C.D. people, I have been running a lot of ground queues recently.  8)

This is not a 'new' experience for me really.. but until now I really put the bulk of my attention on my space builds. I do pretty well at ground combat and have always kept even my alt characters well geared for ground battles, but I am now looking to refine my gear and options to really help out the team as much as possible.

I know most of you use the Fleet Armor, which one exactly do you use? I know it's the CrtD armor, but there are few variants, I was curious which one was 'preferred.'

My main runs the full Omega Set at Mark XIV UR/Epic, but I am thinking of switching out to the Fleet Armor with the Na'kuhl 2pc. I won't use the weapon, just keep it for the 2pc bonus. I know that the Herald Staff is the 'best' for most stuff, and I have the lobi to get it.. I just don't really care for it. After the herald staff, what is the preferred weapon of choice for most non borg maps? I usually tend to go with the Omega Force Auto Carbine, I also am a big fan of Split Beam rifles, but I'm sure there are better options.

Last question is the weapon you all prefer for Borg? Is the Cohchran Shotgun still a big favorite? I have it.. but never use it. Usually I just roll with my Omega 3pc set because it adapts, but if I switch it up, I'll want to carry something Borg can't adapt to.

I think that's about it for the questions for now. Thanks!
Too much self love makes you jealous of those that envy you.

Connor

• Omega Combat Division
  • Command Officer
  • Captain
  • Third Watch
Re: Couple ground related questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:32:12 AM »
Iíll ask Ezria later if he could check in here and answer ground stuff. He is simply the best ground player I know.  :)

As for the ground gear I have 3 more toons in the pipe waiting to upgrade the Advanced Fleet Armor with [ResAll]x2 [HP] [CrtD]. That is the around combo I favor together with Nakul 2 piece because it is cheap and makes you quiet durable besides the boost to crit stats. 

From lobi store you can take a risk and see if the Boolean Cannon appeals to you. It deals massive damage and often one shots critters. With deadly intend kit module you can cooldown the secondary firing mode nicely. Nevertheless the weapon fires slowly, take some time to get used to and your entire play style needs evolves around it. I use it with Connor. Doozer & Ussentiel gave it to multiple toons because it is so strong.

The 2280 Phaser Pistol is the exact opposite. It also generates good DPS but fires so quickly that you barely notice it. I favor that on my sci toon Zarlotte where it allows me to fire it while focusing my main attention at the kit powers.

Best non lobi options for me are split beams (crit D) & pulse wave assault (crit D) for non borg/elachi maps and the TR-116 & Zefram for Borg/elachi maps.

You joined Omega Combat Division
<Dev>Tacofangs@nduguid: Np Neela!
Connor@peterconnorfirst does not believe in a No-Win scenario.

SeaOfSorrows

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:39:01 AM »
Cool, that helps a lot.

Thanks Connor!

Ezria

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »
Hi Sea

Advanced Fleet Armor with [ResAll]x2 [HP] [CrtD] is the one mostly used with the 2 piece Nukul Shield and Gun. Sadly the gun is of no use apart from the +2% Critical Chance and +30% critical Severity. Tho i perfer the Tr-116b Rifle to the Cohchran Shotgun both Are good just I play more of a range player with the sniper Trait it deadly also with the Up close and personal the give bonus damage to ranged weapons if your close.
If you happen to have some lobi The Herald Tactical Combat Armor as it has +5% Critical Change and +40% Critical Severity Also +155 max hit points. Pack This with a Delta Expedition tactical kit you gain more Critical severity +20% with the Nukul shield - gun setup is best Atm for Tank/dps.
Also on the kit that you have go for one with high Kperf X2 or X3 as the Nerf,s Hit Tac Kit Modules Coldowns Hard, The Quicker The Better.
(for Borg not having Omega set to over come adaptation) Most people use Fractal Remodulator from Defera Missions. R&D.
As for Kit Modules The 3 must have are Ambush,Trajectory Bending and Graviton Spike.
There is a rep version that you could use also with the fleet Armor and it the 2 piece Counter Command  Shield / Counter Command Bio-Molecular Rifle Nice tank/Dps.
Thinking out side the box something am still working on is Romulan Operative Combat Armor, Romulan Operative Shield And Polaron Covert-Ops Compression Pistol Give A Ton of 1 speed 2 Stealth And Damage boost When you Decloak. Along with the must have modules, Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter (+18% Critical Severity and +36 Critical Chance)(New LockBox 125k on exchange, And Containment Field From New Rep. Have Run All ground missions with this set Not great on MIe but What is, Great on the rest.
hopefully This Helps I will warn you the last fit is in no-way Tanky or dps heavy on paper but if you run it right it will surprise you.

Hope This helps.

SeaOfSorrows

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 10:15:48 PM »
Hi Sea

Advanced Fleet Armor with [ResAll]x2 [HP] [CrtD] is the one mostly used with the 2 piece Nukul Shield and Gun. Sadly the gun is of no use apart from the +2% Critical Chance and +30% critical Severity. Tho i perfer the Tr-116b Rifle to the Cohchran Shotgun both Are good just I play more of a range player with the sniper Trait it deadly also with the Up close and personal the give bonus damage to ranged weapons if your close.
If you happen to have some lobi The Herald Tactical Combat Armor as it has +5% Critical Change and +40% Critical Severity Also +155 max hit points. Pack This with a Delta Expedition tactical kit you gain more Critical severity +20% with the Nukul shield - gun setup is best Atm for Tank/dps.
Also on the kit that you have go for one with high Kperf X2 or X3 as the Nerf,s Hit Tac Kit Modules Coldowns Hard, The Quicker The Better.
(for Borg not having Omega set to over come adaptation) Most people use Fractal Remodulator from Defera Missions. R&D.
As for Kit Modules The 3 must have are Ambush,Trajectory Bending and Graviton Spike.
There is a rep version that you could use also with the fleet Armor and it the 2 piece Counter Command  Shield / Counter Command Bio-Molecular Rifle Nice tank/Dps.
Thinking out side the box something am still working on is Romulan Operative Combat Armor, Romulan Operative Shield And Polaron Covert-Ops Compression Pistol Give A Ton of 1 speed 2 Stealth And Damage boost When you Decloak. Along with the must have modules, Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter (+18% Critical Severity and +36 Critical Chance)(New LockBox 125k on exchange, And Containment Field From New Rep. Have Run All ground missions with this set Not great on MIe but What is, Great on the rest.
hopefully This Helps I will warn you the last fit is in no-way Tanky or dps heavy on paper but if you run it right it will surprise you.

Hope This helps.

Wow, that's some great stuff.. thank you for that!

I picked up the Fleet Armor and I'm just waiting until Upgrade Weekend starts tomorrow to upgrade it. I'll look at my kit modules as well, I have Ambush and the Spike already, I will look into Trajectory Bending, I know my Romulan Tac has that.

I think I will do the Fleet Armor with the Nak'hul 2pc. For my main Weapon, I am leaning toward sticking with my current main which is a Split Beam Disruptor Rifle with CrtDx4. I am really tempted to try that Boolean Cannon though, I might give that to an Alt. I have about 350 lobi that I have had for years and have no other use for, so I don't mind playing around with it a little.

For Borg, I have the Shotgun and the TR-116b, I'll likely go with the Sniper for the same reasons you suggested.

I'm going to look into some of your other suggestions for a few of my alts as well, thanks a lot for all the tips.. very helpful.  :)

SeaOfSorrows

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 04:17:40 AM »
So, I got the Boolean Cannon for an alt..

I'll admit.. when I first equipped it.. I was thinking.. 'man.. what was Connor on? this thing sucks!'  8)

After further testing though.. I love it! That thing is just awesome.. it's just a matter of learning to time the weapon between primary and secondary and your kit powers/grenades so you don't have 'down time.' I took it to the Kobali Zone and at first I struggled, but once I learned how to use it.. man.. I wiped that entire zone with no problems at all. I think I'm going to get one for my Engineer as well, it's well worth 50 lobi and a great tip!

While I like the Boolean Cannon, I think my Main is going to be best off keeping his UR Split Beam Disrupter [CrtD]x4. I looked at his inventory and his TR-116B is Ultra Rare with 2 damage mods on top of the 4 shield pen.. that will be his new 'anti borg' weapon. I have everything sitting there waiting for the upgrade weekend to start, I also got new kits for almost everyone to improve kit performance and optimized their module load outs.

Needless to say, I'll be looking to run some ground elites this weekend. Thanks guys for the tips, everything I tried from this thread worked like a charm. I was already doing pretty good on ground, but there is always room to improve.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:19:12 AM by SeaOfSorrows »

Connor

• Omega Combat Division
  • Command Officer
  • Captain
  • Third Watch
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:40:30 AM »
Yea the Boolean feels totally weird at start.

To maximize its devastation many pair it with two kit modules. The first is Deadly Intent for tac kits which refreshes the secondary firing mode when firing primary. There is also the universal module from temporal spec called Paradox Bomb. That one pulls enemies together even over great distances which can then easily be covered all by the secondary firing mode of the Boolean. In Miners Instabilities a group of Romulans does not stand much of a chance when a tac with buffs you get from ambush and/trajectory bending lands such a combination. 

Yea Iím looking forward to weekend. The upgrades will be done quickly and Iíd love to do some ground elites together. With Ez, Doz and Ussentiel we'd even have a all boolean team. 8)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:49:56 AM by Connor »

Lee

• Captain
  • Known as simply.... Lee
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »
Connor pretty much said everything i could add i also favor one more weapon on some maps i love the plasma wide beam rifle which u can get at exchange or buy as mk 1 in new rom base command then upgrade it which is what i do...
 its secondary fire oftentimes crits around 1k each even if targets arent exposed but when they are exposed pretty much game over :D
@alzlee: No Win Scenario? Heh Bring It!
You really must learn to govern your passions, They will be your undoing -Spock

SeaOfSorrows

• Ensign
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 11:10:30 PM »
I have been using the tips in this thread, and have gotten some great results.

I never really liked Ground Combat that much before I started running with OCD, but now I'm finding it quite enjoyable. My Main stuck with his Disruptor Split Beam [CrtD]x4 and combined with the Fleet Armor can get some really nice damage spikes. I have always been a fan of the Split Beam Rifles, I just love them.

I still need to grab the Paradox Bomb for my guy using the Cannon. Last time I did Miners with Connor, he was using it to group people and man.. that's devistating. Pull them together with paradox and then unleash the right click of the Boolean Cannon.

Good times!  ;D

Connor

• Omega Combat Division
  • Command Officer
  • Captain
  • Third Watch
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 12:08:07 AM »
Sounds good Sea and yea, we rock the show on ground.  :)

Enterprise © Bloc