Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2014
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: The most efficient method to get Romulan Marks  (Read 1119 times)

Rachel

• Mistress of Projects
  • Webmistress
  • Captain
The most efficient method to get Romulan Marks
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:30:43 AM »
Pickup the Tau Dewa Sector Patrol Daily and head to the Acamar System. It is the absolute fastest patrol available and you can run it over and over until you finish. 60 marks in about 10 minutes or less.

Valdir

Re: The most efficient method to get Romulan Marks
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »
efficiant yes but why go efficiant when you can"t stare at the amazing beauty of New Rommie?

Lanteanboy

• Director of Intelligence
  • Supervisor
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »
that mission actually bugs sometimes though and you need to pickit up multiple times, also it's possible to get teamed up automatically and THIS sucks a lot
Bronies are just like the Borg of the Internet. We turn stuff into ponies, we are hated by a large portion of the internet community and we try to force it down people... Yeah.... NEW TERM: We are the borgnies. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Rachel

• Mistress of Projects
  • Webmistress
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
In 70 runs yesterday over 5 toons I had only 1 time I was autoteamed and only 1 time it bugged and I had to logout to be able to do the mission again. That's actually a better success rate than most content in this game.

And as pretty as the map may be Vald, the missions there are nothing but repetitive tasks. I'll pass on doing the same tasks over and over for hours to hit each toon and just visit to enjoy the scenery instead.

Brennan

• Supervisor
  • Captain
  • War doesn't determine who is Right...but Left.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:37 PM »
I usually do this and the Azure runs, adds up Rommie marks pretty fast and its fun blowing up ships in the process  8)

Being compared to Minimax and Sax?! <3 Flattered really.

Lanteanboy

• Supervisor
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »
In 70 runs yesterday over 5 toons I had only 1 time I was autoteamed and only 1 time it bugged and I had to logout to be able to do the mission again. That's actually a better success rate than most content in this game.

And as pretty as the map may be Vald, the missions there are nothing but repetitive tasks. I'll pass on doing the same tasks over and over for hours to hit each toon and just visit to enjoy the scenery instead.

nope, logging out doesnt help at all rach
Bronies are just like the Borg of the Internet. We turn stuff into ponies, we are hated by a large portion of the internet community and we try to force it down people... Yeah.... NEW TERM: We are the borgnies. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Rachel

• Mistress of Projects
  • Webmistress
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
Have you turned off auto-teaming? I realized one of my toons apparently still had it on, hence the 1 time I got teamed instead. I normally have mine set to accept invites.

Valdir

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »
to be fair so are the patrols, if I'm stuck being repetitve I would much prefer it pritty. Although utterly slaughtering space ships and damning there crews do a death in the cold dark of space does interest me.

Connor

• Alts: Halo, Imp, Neela, Chameleon & Cabal
  • Command Advisor
  • Captain
  • Omega Combat Division Third Watch
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 12:00:39 AM »
For Romii marks I prefer Minetrap, my personal favored equivalent to IGE from Omega.

Its a lot of fun. We did it with a full OCD team in a joint fleet operation with our german allies from Beta-Zero (full team as well). I could even ask Ranger to queue at the same time as we and Beta did as a 6th OCD. It's wonderfull that the mission is not limited to 5, so noone has to be left behind. 

Well many hostages saved, many marks earnd!

I wonder though, does one get fleetmarks as well in that mission? Im under the impression that i did a fiew times by now. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:16:00 AM by Connor & HALO »

You joined Omega Combat Division
<Dev>Tacofangs@nduguid: Np Neela!
Connor@peterconnorfirst does not believe in a No-Win scenario.

Lanteanboy

• Supervisor
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »
For Romii marks I prefer Minetrap, my personal favored equivalent to IGE from Omega.

Its a lot of fun. We did it with a full OCD team in a joint fleet operation with our german allies from Beta-Zero (full team as well). I could even ask Ranger to queue at the same time as we and Beta did as a 6th OCD. It's wonderfull that the mission is not limited to 5, so noone has to be left behind. 

I wonder though, does one get fleetmarks as well in that mission? Im under the impression that i did a fiew times by now.

I doubt a Fleet Action can give you 60 Rommie Marks in 5 minutes though. and this topic was for the fastest way, not the way that also gives you a ton of fun.... when not in a pug

Connor

• Alts: Halo, Imp, Neela, Chameleon & Cabal
  • Command Advisor
  • Captain
  • Omega Combat Division Third Watch
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »
Perhaps i got it wrong... but perhaps not.

The topic was not called "fastest" but rather "effient" method for Romulan marks. In my definition this doesent exclude fun, at least should not. I agree that Brennans Azure, Valdirs beauty of new romulus or my Mintrap may not be the fastest ways to earn them but they are still more efficient for me in the long run.

Why? Because they will not max out my marks within 5 (or were it 10?) min most likely spent alone but instead give me an excuse to team up with my friends over and over again to enjoy the game in the next weeks and months to come.

Other then that, Connor & HALO always seem to have enough marks at their disposal. I don't even have to look at them because they always will have as long as I am motivated to turn on STO.

I doubt a Fleet Action can give you 60 Rommie Marks in 5 minutes though. and this topic was for the fastest way, not the way that also gives you a ton of fun.... when not in a pug
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:35:08 AM by Connor & HALO »

You joined Omega Combat Division
<Dev>Tacofangs@nduguid: Np Neela!
Connor@peterconnorfirst does not believe in a No-Win scenario.

Valdir

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
no 60 marks sounds about right and it IS efficient with or with out pugs and fun.

Lanteanboy

• Supervisor
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 06:33:35 AM »
also, sure I'll run other stuff.... once I actually need it, right now I make more marks than is actually needed and since all my projects need 40 hours to complete right now, I get 120 marks by the time theyre finished, I dont need more marks.

And efficiency is a relation of rewards/time. The average efficiency of running only Acamar is about 12.0. The efficiency of MineTrap is.... 1.0 maybe? I dunno, how many marks do you get and it takes how long with Minetrap.

And New Romulus is worse..... 10Marks for 15 minutes of work.....
running Acamar is like running only STFs for our Omega Marks, there are other ways but besides Red Alerts, it's rare they get used.

Enterprise © Bloc